In order to draft fair & equal teams, every basketball player (returning & new) must be evaluated to determine their skill level. Each player will perform three offensive (shooting) & three agility (dribbling & defensive) drills.
All cheerleaders need to attend evaluations to be fitted for their uniforms. Parents MUST accompany their children to the specified room because they will help with uniform sizing.
The evaluation dates are:
NOTE: Downingtown is NOT holding player evaluations this season due to COVID-19. We will use scores from prior seasons.
November ??, 9AM-1PM - West Chester Player Evaluations at Goshen
- Goshen participants can stop by anytime between 9AM -1PM
November ??, 9AM-12PM - West Chester Player Evaluations at Goshen
- Goshen participants can stop by anytime between 9AM -12PM
Evaluations will take 15-60 minutes depending on the number of players at any given moment. Feel free to arrive anytime in the timeframe defined above. If you cannot attend a scheduled evaluation at your home church, please make plans to attend an evaluation at a partnering church.
ALL PLAYERS MUST BE EVALUATED!
So, what will happen during basketball player evaluations? Great question! Here is a step-by-step description...
- Check-in at the Registration table (click here to pre-register).
- Proceed to the jersey sizing table to determine and record player jersey size. Note: jersey and T-shirts run a bit small, so make sure jersey is loose when making final choice.
- Proceed to the height station to measure and record player height.
- Proceed to the gym to drop off your player for evaluation - your player will be evaluated by performing three agility and three shooting drills.
- After dropping off your player, please proceed to the Parent Orientation room for a short presentation and an opportunity to ask questions.
- After orientation, please wait for us to bring your player to you after his/her evaluation is complete.
Thanks for your patience and participation! The next step for you is Meet Your Coach & first practice beginning the week of January 4, 2021. We will post the schedule on the web and will email you as well. The next step for us is to begin building teams and schedules. Team rosters and schedules will also be available at Meet Your Coach Night.